Sunday, May 10, 2009

Love Lost

To have your heart broken, is the worst feeling in the world. They say it is better to have loved and lost, then to have never loved at all. I feel that quote is a bunch of bologna.  When you have loved someone unconditionally and lost that love, your heart melts. You feel as if you will never find love again. Trust is an absolute necessity in relationships. Being lied to, cheated on, manipulated, verbally abused, and treated poorly, makes you lose trust in your counterpart. Holding on may be a sign of weakness; but for some, it may be a sign of hope. When someone you adore changes, for the worse, it can shatter how you view the world. Maybe it is a good thing, to have your heart broken. You learn to cope and face reality. Maybe it is a test from God...for you to see what you are capable of. Maybe we will never truly know. I crave love with all my soul. To find my counterpart in another human to me is a miracle. Love is friendship. I have loved a friend, and it grew into passion and heartbreak. My heart feels empty at times but all I can do is trust myself. Trust that the Lord will guide me through all trials, trust that my amazing friends will stick by my side, and trust that my family will provide the love I need to get by. I am not a girl who is self-centered or spoiled. I am a girl with a selfless heart. I want to give more than receive. The love I get in return says enough. Even though I am a complicated girl, my goals, wishes, and dreams are simple. Love is all you need. However, with love comes great heartache and tragedy I suppose.

"They say, 'Time heals all wounds.' If that is true, then I guess mine go deeper than pain. There are no words to choose over losing you. I guess I found that out too late, and now all I feel is heartbreak that only hurts when I breathe."

Love can be the greatest feeling in the world. Love is what makes the world go round. Love lifts us up to where we belong. The Lord made love, it is a wonderful thing. Sometimes to know if you truly love someone they have to break your heart. "For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."

"To love someone is to understand each other, to laugh together, to smile with your heart and to trust one another. One important thing is to let each other go if you can't do this."

So for now, i'll wish on a dandelion for love. Or maybe I just will forget about it and not try at all...
Photos from Etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment