Sunday, May 10, 2009

Are You My Mother?

Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there, but a special Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mommy. She is beautiful, she loves unconditionally, she is supportive, she is my rock. My mother has been through a lot and I look at her for wisdom and strength and know-how of what to do with my life.  My mother is a flight attendant and literally has the world at her feet, hehe. She meets random celebrities, and even makes friends on her journeys. She helped me get my internship at Stanley Korshak. She met the owner, Crawford Brock, on the airplane. She is Wonder Woman. She has three kids and still manages to hang out with her girlfriends. She is all about the outdoors and her "party pool" for this summer. She is my friend when she needs to be, and a mom all the other times. Margaritas are our weakness, so is wine, and we love People magazine. Shella is the nickname that I call her quite often. When I am feeling goofy or she isn't listening to me, it is Shericka. She can roll with the punches and I try to learn how to handle rough times like she does. She taught me not to care what other's think. She pushes me to preform better in school and always reach for the stars no matter what I am doing. She has been there for me in a rough relationship. She knows that I deserve better and not to settle for less than the best! She has always done so much for my brother, my sister, and I. She is a hero to me in many ways. She got herself out of bad relationships, she works hard to put food on our table, she pays for my college. She does not ever give up. Her love of gerber daisies spawned my love for the beautiful flower. She is beautiful. She is someone worth knowing. She is a hoot, and sometimes crazy, but she is wonderfully perfect to me. I don't always get my way because she has taught me work ethic. I work for what I want. She has raised me to take on challenges of the real word. Essentially, she has raised beautiful, smart, and talented children. Sherra Dee Ann is the best mother anyone could have. She is so selfless, and loving, and I couldn't ask for more. So Happy Mother's Day mom, I wish I was with you (finals stink). However, know that you are in my heart always.
"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."  ~Washington Irving

I love you.
Alex Ann

1 comment:

  1. Hey Allie! I love what you have done! That is so sweet! I made athletics. I cant wait to see you soon! I love this now I can know what you are doing and thinking about!
    i love you!
    kate (lil sis)

    ReplyDelete